The key to retirement has always been securing financial independence. The low annuity rates and mixed investment returns of recent years have made this goal difficult to achieve. However, our combined team of tax specialists and independent financial advisers can provide options and advice on how to optimise your retirement benefits. Some of the key issues include:
- how much income will you need on retirement?
- what benefits have you already secured in existing pension schemes?
- what tax relief is available for further pension contributions?
- all UK-resident individuals, including minor children, can obtain tax relief on personal pension contributions
- directors of family companies can set up a company pension scheme or arrange for the company to make employer pension contributions
- if a spouse is employed by the company, they can also be included in the scheme and the company can make contributions on their behalf