A day in the life of Alex Westerman
I am a Manager in the Corporate Services department and I have been with Ellacotts since September 2011. My typical day can vary significantly depending on current projects, audits schedules and the time of year.
I am rarely based in the office all week, which is one of the great things about working in the Corporate Services department as you are constantly being challenged with a variety of work in and out of the office and interacting with professional contacts and clients on a day-to-day basis.
To give you an idea, some of my variety of tasks include:
- One of the main elements of my role is working with our wide range of clients in a number of ways. I often visit clients to offer assistance with the preparation of management accounts, budget forecasts or an assurance engagement.
- I also visit clients’ onsite alongside other members of the audit team to carry out audits and deal with daily technical queries from clients. It is important to me that I build strong relationships with our clients, whilst also understanding their business so I can offer them an excellent client care experience and relevant advice and solutions that will add value and enable their business to develop
- I also work on specific projects such as a Research and Development (R&D) tax claim or a share valuation.
- Carrying out outsourcing activities by running a finance department for a small business.
- Supervising colleagues within the team with any technical queries they may have.
- Assisting other departments with specific technical queries on accounting disclosure or accounting treatment.
Towards the end of the day after working hours, I am a keen fitness enthusiast, which I find is a great way of unwinding after a challenging day. I am also hoping to volunteer some of my spare time and expertise as a school governor in the near future.
If you would like to be apart of the Corporate Services team take a look at our current vacancies and join us!
Sign up to our newsletter
Keep up to date with our latest news.
Get in touch
Contact us to find out how we can help you and your business.