Accounts Senior – Kettering
Hours: Full time – 37.5 hours a week Location: Kettering, Northamptonshire, UK
Ellacotts is a Top 100 UK accounting firm that provides a friendly working environment, challenging client work and great career opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join Ellacotts’ thriving rural business services team.
Hear what our current employees have to say here.
Purpose of the Role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic qualified or part-qualified accountant to join our growing rural business services team.
- Preparation of accounts, VAT returns and tax computations from client records, for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- Assisting clients with their financial record keeping, which is increasingly moving to Cloud-based solutions.
- Preparation of corporation tax returns and personal tax returns (additional training will be provided if needed).
- Supporting managers and partners as part of a focussed client service team, which will include responding to client queries in a professional and timely manner.
- Training and mentoring junior members of the team.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- ACA / ACCA fully or part-qualified, or AAT qualified
- Experience of preparing accounts and related business tax computations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to learn and consider the bigger picture
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Generous benefits package including 23 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Medical cash plan after qualifying period
- Bupa healthcare after qualifying period
- Real opportunity for progression
- Fantastic culture including regular staff socials and a friendly environment
- Join the market-leading Agricultural team in the area
- Chance to network at a range of events including country shows and dinners
- Full support and ongoing training for your personal development and to keep up to date with tax changes and the latest agricultural news
Can’t find the role you’re looking for?
If you’re interested in working at Ellacotts but can’t see the role for you, then get in touch!