Agriculture Accounts Senior
We are looking for a full time Accounts Senior to join our team in Kettering to provide a high-quality service to our agriculture clients.
Hours: Full time – 37.5 hours per week
- Prepare client accounts, tax, PAYE or VAT based work from information supplied by client to the required standards.
- Identifies points for partner to raise with clients and to raise potential for additional services including added value services and advice.
- Finalises paperwork for dispatch to client, HMRC in a timely manner meeting required deadlines and quality
- Interpretation of tax returns and financial accounts to facilitate effective tax planning solutions for clients.
- Liaise with client to obtain relevant information for their accounts, acting in a proactive way and ensuring attention to details and effective questioning of client.
- Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets, meeting these targets and exceeding where possible
- Record own chargeable time and ensure maximum recovery
- Support trainees by providing on the job coaching
- Attend courses that are appropriate to job role
- Use appropriate support networks to clarify knowledge on complex queries such as CCH or software vendors
- Involvement with Audit work as and when required
- Book-keeping, ledger maintenance, supplier maintenance and management accounts, as and when required.
- Prepare client tax returns based on information supplied by client, advise on tax payable and payment dates and to meet deadlines in line with the firms standards.
- Assisting clients with accounts software and other book-keeping queries as required.
- Completion of overtime as and when required
- Involvement in client seminars including attendance and set up were required
- Involvement in networking and business generation under the guidance of more senior team members.
- Generation and referral of leads to Ellacotts Wealth Planning
Critical Skills Required:
- Ability to Prepare client accounts, tax, PAYE or VAT quickly and efficiently
- Strong computer literacy
- Strong active listening skills
- Excellent problem resolutions skills and ideas generation ability
Critical Knowledge Required:
- In depth accounts prep knowledge
- Knowledge of Accounting systems including, Free-agent, Sage line 50, Farmplan, Compac and other software as required. Knowledge of their uses and benefits.
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Degree or equivalent experience
Minimum of 3 years proven accounts experience within a commercial or Practice environment.
- Strong presence
- Excellent communication skills
- Quickly builds rapport and trust
- Highly confidential
- Good networker
- Attention to detail
- Resilient and energetic
- Achiever and self-motivated
- Analytical – quick thinker
- Live within commuting distance of Kettering
- Work outside normal hours as required
Applications will close on 17 July 2020.
Can’t find the role you’re looking for?
If you’re interested in working at Ellacotts but can’t see the role for you, then get in touch!