Audit & Accounts Semi-Senior
We are looking for a full time Semi-Senior Audit & Accounts Senior based in our Banbury office, to provide a high quality service to clients in our Corporate Services team.
Purpose of the Role:
To provide high quality audit, accounting and related client services, and to contribute generally to the overall development of the Firm. Develop your own skills and knowledge through a formal training program.
- Assist the Department Manager(s) as part of the audit and accounts team, as required
- Perform the “senior” role on audit assignments, as required
- Prepare statutory financial statements based on information supplied by clients
- Prepare business tax computations, partnership and personal tax returns Prepare corporation tax computations and forms CT600
- Assist with general client enquiries regarding aspects of their bookkeeping and other business related matters as required
- Prepare other client deliverables as requested
- Monitor own quality of performance and time costs in line with agreed budgets
- Assist with administrative tasks if necessary
- Record own chargeable time and enable maximum recoveries
- Attend courses that are appropriate to job role
- Assist in the delivery of ad hoc projects and assignments
- Identify points for the Department Manager to raise with clients and to raise potential areas for additional services including added value services and advice
- Undertake bookkeeping, ledger maintenance, supplier maintenance and management accounts preparation, as and when required
- Liaise with clients to obtain relevant information for their accounts, acting in a proactive manner and ensuring attention to detail and effective questioning of client
- Provide support to trainees through on-the-job coaching and supervision of their work
- Make use of appropriate support networks to clarify knowledge and resolve queries on complex technical or software related matters
Critical Skills Required:
- Ability to perform and supervise audits, prepare statutory financial statements and related business tax returns
- Strong computer literacy
- Strong active listening skills
Critical Knowledge Required:
- In depth audit and accounts preparation knowledge
- Knowledge of accounting systems and their uses and benefits
- Essential: AAT qualified or equivalent
- Desirable: Part way through ACA or ACCA qualification
- Essential: Minimum of 18 months proven audit and accounts experience within a practice environment.
- Desirable: Experience with using a cloud accounting software such as Xero and Experience using Mercia or CCH software
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to quickly build rapport and trust
- Highly confidential
- Good team player
- Good attention to detail
- Resilient and energetic
- Achiever and self-motivated
- Analytical – quick thinker
- Live within commuting distance of Banbury
- Work outside normal hours as required
- Travel to client and other locations as required
- Driving license is essential
Apply by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would love to hear from you. Click below to apply!
Can’t find the role you’re looking for?
If you’re interested in working at Ellacotts but can’t see the role for you, then get in touch!