Audit and Accounts Senior
Ellacotts is a Top 100 UK accounting firm that provides a friendly working environment, challenging client work and great career opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join Ellacotts’ thriving corporate services team.
Hear what our current employees have to say here.
Purpose of the Role:
To provide high quality audit, accounting and related client services, and to contribute generally to the overall development of the Firm.
The true benefit of working with Ellacotts is the culture and values-driven environment which promotes sustainable development for all our talented people. This has generated fantastic careers from trainee to partner and everything in between. We also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced Employer Pension Contribution
- 23 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Use of our benefits platform
- Unique Branded Ellacotts Cashback Card
- Life assurance
- Flexible working structure ‘Flex-e’ . This allows you to flex your time between home and the office whilst also being able to flex you working hours during the week!
- Private Medical Insurance, provided by Vitality
- Healthcare Medical Cash Plan, provided by Health Shield
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Our people are our most important asset and we fully support their professional and personal development every step of the way. As a member of our team, you will be challenged to perform to the best of your ability, rewarded for your hard work and encouraged to pursue your goals.
- Assist the Department Manager(s) as part of the audit and accounts team, as required
- Perform the “senior” role on audit assignments, as required
- Identify points for the assignment manager to raise with clients including potential areas for added value services and advice
- Undertake bookkeeping, including ledger maintenance, supplier maintenance and management accounts preparation, as and when required
- Liaise with clients to obtain relevant information for their accounts, acting in a proactive manner and ensuring attention to detail and effective questioning of client
- Prepare statutory financial statements based on information supplied by clients
- Prepare business tax computations, partnership and personal tax returns Prepare corporation tax computations and forms CT600
- Assist with general client enquiries regarding aspects of their bookkeeping and other business related matters as required
- Prepare other client deliverables as requested
- Monitor own quality of performance and time costs in line with agreed budgets
- Assist with administrative tasks if necessary
- Record own chargeable time and enable maximum recoveries
- Attend courses that are appropriate to job role
- Assist in the delivery of ad hoc projects and assignments
- Provide support to trainees through on-the-job coaching and supervision of their work
- Make use of appropriate support networks to clarify knowledge and resolve queries on complex technical or software related matters
Critical Skills Required
- Ability to perform and supervise audits, prepare statutory financial statements and related business tax returns
- Strong computer literacy
- Strong active listening skills
- Excellent problem resolutions skills and idea generation ability
Critical Knowledge Required
- In depth audit and accounts preparation knowledge
- Knowledge of accounting systems and their uses and benefits
- Essential: AAT qualified or equivalent
- Essential: Minimum of 18 months proven audit and accounts experience within a practice environment.
- Desirable: Experience with using cloud accounting software such as Xero and experience using CCH software and Mercia methodology
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to quickly build rapport and trust
- Resilient and energetic
- Achiever and self-motivated
- Analytical – quick thinker
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Live within commuting distance of Banbury
- Work outside normal hours as required
- Travel to client and other locations as required
- Driving license is essential
Can’t find the role you’re looking for?
If you’re interested in working at Ellacotts but can’t see the role for you, then get in touch!