Ellacotts is a Top 100 UK accounting firm that provides a friendly working environment, challenging client work and great career opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join Ellacotts’ thriving corporate services team.
Hear what our current employees have to say here.
Purpose of the Role:
To provide a high quality Bookkeeping service to clients and to contribute to the development of the Firm.
The true benefit of working with Ellacotts is the culture and values-driven environment which promotes sustainable development for all our talented people. This has generated fantastic careers from trainee to partner and everything in between. We also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced Employer Pension Contribution
- 23 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Use of our benefits platform
- Unique Branded Ellacotts Cashback Card
- Life assurance
- Flexible working structure ‘Flex-e’ . This allows you to flex your time between home and the office whilst also being able to flex you working hours during the week!
- Private Medical Insurance, provided by Vitality
- Healthcare Medical Cash Plan, provided by Health Shield
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Our people are our most important asset and we fully support their professional and personal development every step of the way. As a member of our team, you will be challenged to perform to the best of your ability, rewarded for your hard work and encouraged to pursue your goals.
- Liaise with client to obtain relevant information for preparation of computerised bookkeeping records
- Desktop and cloud based computerised book-keeping and ledger maintenance.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations and other ledger reconciliations
- Prepare client VAT returns based on information supplied by client
- Ensure compliance with all VAT matters
- Finalise paperwork for dispatch to client and H.M. Revenue and Customs often working to tight deadlines
- Assist clients with accounting software and other book-keeping queries as required.
- Assist clients and internal staff with installation of cloud based accounting systems
- Identify points for partners to raise with clients and to raise potential for additional services
- Record own chargeable time and ensure maximum recovery
- Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets
- Attend relevant training courses and develop your skills to ensure up to date knowledge and best practice
Critical Skills Required
- Fully computer literate, including excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Understanding of in house systems such as Sage, Xero accounts systems and HR systems.
- Excellent telephone manner with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work on your own or in a team
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work effectively and efficiently
- Flexible attitude to work patterns
- Excellent organisation and administrative skills
- Accurate data inputting skills and eye for detail
- Ability to use initiative in terms of decision making
Critical Knowledge Required
- Good overall business knowledge
- Essential: A – levels or Equivalent
- Desirable: Degree or equivalent experience / AAT or equivalent
- Essential: Minimum of 4 years bookkeeping experience
- Desirable: Experience in a freelance or practice environment. / Experience preparing management accounts
- Excellent communication skills
- Quickly builds rapport and trust
- Highly confidential
- Good networker
- Resilient and energetic
- Achiever and self-motivated
- Analytical – quick thinker
- Live within commuting distance of Banbury
- Work outside normal hours as required
Can’t find the role you’re looking for?
If you’re interested in working at Ellacotts but can’t see the role for you, then get in touch!