Corporate Services Manager
Hours: Full time – 37.5 hours a week
Location: Banbury or Kettering
Direct reports: Up to 10 people
Purpose of the Role:
To plan, organise and manage a portfolio of clients within the Corporate Services Department. Providing a cost-effective, timely, quality service to the client, to enhance client experience and productivity for the Firm at the same time. In addition to client management, the role will contribute to overall practice development particularly in the area of Corporate Services, Audit, Payroll and Outsourcing work. This will be achieved through building strong relationships internally and externally to effectively deliver projects and grow members of the team, creating a sustainable and driven team.
- To provide exceptional levels of service to clients on a wide variety of areas, on a cost effective & timely basis.
- Responding to client queries, and those from third parties (e.g. HMRC) in a timely manner.
- Seeking to gain experience/ progress role and those of other staff by seeking to take more advanced work from partners and delegating more routine work to others, thereby aiding cost-effectiveness and adding to interest/ training of all within the team.
- Developing knowledge of clients and their businesses as to become their point of contact on day-to-day matters.
- Reviewing accounts, audit and tax work prepared by more junior staff. Includes corporate and unincorporated clients.
- Preparation of corporation tax returns and computations.
- Completing staff appraisal forms providing feedback (good and bad) and training as required.
- Identifying business opportunities, VAT issues, NIC issues, business planning points, etc as part of the review process. Drawing to attention of partners/ client as appropriate. Preparation of necessary reports/ computations etc, liaising with other professional advisers as required.
- Assisting partners with specific assignments- e.g. business planning, advisory and audit matters.
- Assisting partners in controlling WIP within the section by progressing work to completion/ billing point swiftly. Liaising with partners re WIP and raising bills/ assisting as required.
- Monitoring progress against deadlines and ensuring these are met- e.g. company reporting, P11ds, tax returns, etc
- Ensuring work is planned and progressed in an efficient, timely and cost effective manner by liaising with Partners and supervising staff.
Critical Skills Required
- Ability to review and complete accounts files quickly and efficiently
- Ability to review and complete personal tax returns quickly and efficiently
- Strong computer literacy
- Strong active listening skills
- Excellent problem resolution skills and ideas generation ability
- Strong marketing, networking and business development skills
- Pro-active management skills, resulting in high performance teams
Critical Knowledge Required:
- In-depth accounts preparation knowledge
- In-depth taxation knowledge
- Solid MS Office products knowledge
Essential: ACA or ACCA Qualification or equivalent experience
Desirable: FCA or FCCA
Required: Minimum of 4 years post Qualification proven experience within an audit practice environment. Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing staff within a practice environment
Desirable: Experience within a larger practice than Ellacotts
- Excellent communication skills
- Quickly builds rapport and trust
- Highly confidential
- Good networker
- Resilient and energetic
- Achiever and self-motivated
- Live within commuting distance of Banbury or Kettering
- Work outside normal hours as required
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Generous benefits package including 28 days’ holiday
- Medical cash plan
- Vitality healthcare insurance
- Real opportunity for progression
- Fantastic culture including regular staff socials and a friendly environment
- Full support and ongoing training for your personal development and to keep up to date with tax changes