We’re very proud to announce that we have smashed our £5,000 target and raised a grand total of £9,500 for Mind! Over the last 18 months we have been busy fundraising by:
- Holding bake sales and bake offs
- Dressing down for our ‘Dress Down Fridays’
- Wearing our jazziest festive Christmas jumper
- Selling snacks including chocolates and sweets
- Playing a strictly come dancing, football and rugby world cup sweepstakes
- Hosting 2 charity quizzes at Banbury United FC
- Walking a massive 20 miles for our Ellacotts Walkathon
- Playing golf at 2 golf days at Tadmarton Heath Golf Club
- Donating money instead of sending Christmas cards
- 4 hour Miles for Mind challenge with Brethertons Solicitors at Spiceball
We are really pleased that we have managed to raise such a huge amount for Mind. At Ellacotts we are very passionate about promoting the wellbeing of our people and Mind are doing amazing things for Mental Health Awareness.
Thank you to everyone who has either participated in our challenges, donated or supported our efforts in anyway, we couldn’t have done it without you. You can see our donations on our donation page here.
About our Charity of the Year Process
Each year we ask our staff and Partners to nominate charities that mean something to them. They can nominate any charity they wish. All nominated charities are then put to a vote, with the winner becoming our Charity of the Year.
We will be announcing our new Charity of the Year for 2020 in January.
Mind UK provides advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. They campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding.
As well as campaigning on a national level, Mind provides help and support directly to those who need it most. Their network of around 135 local Minds offers specialised support and care based on the needs of the communities they support. Find out more about the amazing work they do here.