Finance and Admin Supervisor – Banbury
Hours: Full time – 37.5 hours a week Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire, UK
Purpose of the Role:
To lead the Admin team in the provision of a range of administrative and information services to the Partners, managers and staff, and provide contact point to clients on debt collection.
- Respond efficiently to administration requests from all areas of the business as and when required.
- Progress the role and those of other staff by seeking to take more advanced work from Partners and delegating more routine work to others, thereby aiding cost-effectiveness and adding to interest/ training of all within the team
- Support Partners where required in completion of administration as and when required
- Assist with periodic mail shots
- Ensure productive team working through regular team one to ones, conduct performance reviews, coach and supervise the team.
- Assist with compilation of management accounts
- Generate reports using CCH / Drive (in house accounting system)
- Review the performance of the credit control process and assist where required
- Maintain CCH client database, time and fees, nominal ledger, debtors and Work In Progress.
- Manage Purchase Ledger including, supplier management, invoices and payments
- Manage sales Ledger, Invoicing, premium credit, credit card payments, bill request and banking
- Investigate client statements and queries
- Ensure the team manages timesheets, Checks and Passes, Print reports. Assisting where required.
- Be responsible for petty cash, count, distribute, enter on spreadsheet, post to accounting system
- Manage expenses process
- Assist with Bookkeeping and accounting for firm accounts
- Ensure archiving process is managed effectively
- Other various administration duties as required
- Assist in IT queries and liaison with third party provider where required
- Assist in ad hoc projects and additional business as usual tasks where required.
Critical Skills and Experience Required:
- Fully computer literate, including excellent Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Understanding of in house systems such as CRM, accounts systems and HR systems.
- Excellent telephone manner with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work on your own or in a team
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work effective and efficiently
- Flexible attitude to work patterns
- Excellent organisation and administrative skills
- Accurate data inputting skills and eye for detail
- Ability to use initiative in terms of decision making
Essential: Minimum of 5 years in a business administrative role
Desirable: Experience of team management
- Strong presence
- Excellent communication skills
- Quickly builds rapport and trust
- Highly confidential
- Attention to detail
- Resilient and energetic
- Achiever and self-motivated
- Analytical – quick thinker
- Live within commuting distance of Banbury
- Work outside normal hours as required
Can’t find the role you’re looking for?
If you’re interested in working at Ellacotts but can’t see the role for you, then get in touch!