Tax Consultant – Banbury
Hours: Full time – 37.5 hours a week
Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire, UK
Purpose of the Role:
Providing technical knowledge & experience to support the taxation services of the firm. Creating new business opportunities and provide a cost-effective, timely, quality service to the client, as to maximise margin for the Firm.
- To provide exceptional levels of service to both Corporate and Personal clients on a wide variety of tax specific areas. These services will include strategic planning, transactional advice and managing project work. All service must be on a cost effective & timely basis.
- Work with Partners autonomously to create and deliver innovative solutions for our clients. This will involve proactive tax planning, delivering a unique benefit to existing and potential clients, truly adding value to our client’s businesses and individual wealth.
- Strive to gain experience and progress the role and the roles of the team by seeking to take more advanced work from the partners.
- Working independently and assisting the Partners in taking responsibility for the proactive promotion of the Firm in conjunction with the marketing department. This will specifically focus on the Tax and Wealth Planning such that clients, prospects, contacts and other relevant associated organisations are aware of the services we offer.
- Actively promoting the growth of the Firm in key geographical regions, requiring travel to other sites where required.
- Developing knowledge of clients and their businesses to become the point of contact on day-to-day matters for the assigned clients.
- Seek to identify corporate and personal tax planning opportunities as part of the review process. Drawing to attention of partners/ clients as appropriate. Preparation of necessary reports and proposals etc, liaising with other professional advisers as required.
- Act as a focal point of relevant tax knowledge, proactively disseminating that knowledge to relevant individuals to actively improve the overall tax ability within the Firm and assist with tax training across the Firm.
- Along with the Partners, take ownership of controlling WIP by progressing work to completion/ billing point swiftly. Liaising with partners re WIP and raising bills/ assisting as required.
Critical Skills Required
- Pro-active management skills, resulting in high performance teams.
- Strong active listening skills
Critical Knowledge Required:
- In depth Corporate/Business Tax and Personal Tax knowledge
- Knowledge of Tax return production software and their uses and benefits.
- Solid MS Office products knowledge
Essential: ATT, CTA or equivalent tax qualification, Degree or equivalent
Desirable: Qualified in ACCA or ICAEW
Required: Minimum of 5 years proven Tax experience within a Practice environment
Desirable: 2 years tax experience as a manager in a practice environment
- Strong presence
- Excellent communication skills
- Quickly builds rapport and trust
- Highly confidential
- Good networker
- Resilient and energetic
- Achiever and self-motivated
- Analytical – quick thinker
- Regular travel to other locations as required
- Work outside normal hours as required
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Generous benefits package including 28 days’ holiday
- Medical cash plan
- Vitality healthcare insurance
- Fantastic culture including regular staff socials and a friendly environment
Apply by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Can’t find the role you’re looking for?
If you’re interested in working at Ellacotts but can’t see the role for you, then get in touch!