Tax Manager – Banbury
Purpose of the role:
You will be responsible for the management and delivery of tax work to the wider firm, be willing to tackle new projects (with appropriate support).
- Providing an efficient, client focused and proactive service to meet the needs of private clients
- Advising private clients in connection with their tax affairs
- Liaising with HMRC in relation to client matters and dealing with enquiries from HMRC
- Speaking with clients on a daily basis to deepen relationships and develop new opportunities
- Identifying tax planning opportunities and being able to convey the potential rewards and risks to clients and prospects
- Drafting detailed technical reports, including reviewing and presenting the computational aspects to accompany such advice
- Developing new work from existing clients, attending meetings, building good working relationships with clients and colleagues and putting advisory skills to good use
- Working with Partners/team members on complex technical assignments
- Collaborate with Partners of all departments autonomously to create and deliver innovative solutions for our clients
- Along with the Partners, take ownership of controlling work in progress, by progressing work to completion/billing point in a timely manner. Liaising with the Partners regarding work in progress and raising bills/ assisting as required
- Act as focal point of tax knowledge, proactively disseminating your knowledge to relevant individuals to actively improve the overall tax ability within the Firm and asset with tax training across the firm
- Coaching junior members of the team to develop their advisory skills such as our trainee tax advisers
Critical Skills and Experience Required:
- ACA, CTA qualified or able to demonstrate the appropriate level of experience.
- Capability to work independently with a positive attitude and a willingness to tackle new challenges;
- Experience of delivering a wide range of private client tax planning and advisory services;
- Ability to prioritise, supervise and develop staff;
- Technically strong – able to undertake advisory work as well as oversee and review tax compliance for private clients;
- Good client relationship and communication skills;
Strong delivery skills and ability to work effectively to deadlines.
- Strong presence
- Excellent communication skills
- Quickly builds rapport and trust
- Highly confidential
- Attention to detail
- Resilient and energetic
- Achiever and self-motivated, deliverer
- Analytical – quick thinker
- Live within commuting distance of Banbury
- Work outside normal hours as required
Can’t find the role you’re looking for?
If you’re interested in working at Ellacotts but can’t see the role for you, then get in touch!