We are looking for a full-time Tax Trainee to join our team in Banbury.
Purpose of the role
Whilst under supervisory guidance provide high quality taxation services to clients as part of the tax team and to contribute to the development of the practice.
Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire
Hours: Full time – 37.5 hours per week
- Liaise with clients and third parties to obtain tax return information.
- Review tax return information, identify additional items/explanations required and contact clients and third parties to obtain this information.
- Liaise with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) or use HMRC online services to obtain information relevant to preparation of tax return or to resolve queries.
- Prepare client tax returns using software, advise on tax payable and payment dates, ensuring key dates are met and acceptable timescales are achieved.
- Identify significant points for tax return reviewer to raise with clients and identify any additional services that might be provided to clients.
- Finalise tax return paperwork and prepare explanatory letters for dispatch to clients and HMRC.
- Carry out research and assist partners/managers/seniors with any assignments as part of the tax team.
- Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets, communicating with partner/seniors regularly on performance.
- Record own chargeable time to achieve chargeable time targets as set out in objectives.
- Assist with administration tasks as necessary.
- Attend courses that are appropriate to job role.
- Attend online lectures and revision courses as required by the training provider and in line with the requirements of The Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT).
- Progress with the training provider’s timetable and action plans for success in achieving the ATT qualification in own time between courses.
- Achieve examination success.
Critical Skills Required:
- An aptitude for figure work with a logical approach.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Strong active listening skills.
- Enthusiastic, reliable and able to work to deadlines
Critical Knowledge Required:
- A general business awareness
- An overview of personal finance
Essential: Understanding of businesses and personal finances
Desirable: Experience within an accountancy and tax practice.
- Business like attitude
- Good communication skills
- Able to build rapport and trust
- Exercises discretion with confidential matters
- Good team worker
- Attention to detail
- Resilient and energetic
- Achiever and self-motivated
- Analytical – quick thinker
- Live within commuting distance of Banbury
- Work outside normal hours as required
Can’t find the role you’re looking for?
If you’re interested in working at Ellacotts but can’t see the role for you, then get in touch!