1. What this privacy notices covers
Ellacotts LLP (“Ellacotts”) is are committed to protecting your personal information. In this notice, references to ‘we’ or ‘us’ mean Ellacotts LLP. This notice explains how we collect and use the personal information about you.
2. Who we are
Ellacotts LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership, registered in England and Wales with Company Registration Number OC319580. The Registered Office is Countrywide House, 23 West Bar, Banbury, OX16 9SA.
Ellacotts operates the website www.ellacotts.co.uk (the “website”).
Ellacotts is a data controller under the data protection rules and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office with Registration Number Z6663849. Our data protection contact is David Stevens who can be contacted via email@example.com.
3. Information we gather
Ellacotts gather certain information about you. We collect this information in the following ways:
When we meet you at an event
When we meet you at an event or you enter a competition at an event you may give us information which may include:
- Your name
- Postal address
- Email address
- Phone number
Without your express consent, we will never use this information for marketing purposes. Upon receiving your consent to marketing, we will then process your information for marketing purposes in line with your preferences.
Website enquiry or subscribing to a newsletter
When you contact us through our website using an online enquiry form, you subscribe to one of our newsletters or enter a competition through our website, the following information will be collected and a member of the marketing department will receive the enquiry and pass it on to the relevant team at Ellacotts:
- Your name
- Email address
- Contact details including postal address and/or phone number
- Your enquiry
4. How we may use your information
We rely on obtaining your consent to process your personal information. This means you have real choice and control over how we use your data. For example, we will seek your consent to receive marketing via email and post about Ellacotts.
We also rely on the legitimate interest basis to use your personal information in some circumstances. For example, when you request a copy of our newsletters we have a legitimate organisational interest to use your information to respond to you providing a copy of that newsletter.
We may use your information for a number of purposes including the following:
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good practice
- Perform services you have requested
- Notify you about changes to our service
- To provide you with information about our work or our activities that you have agreed to receive
- Ensure we know how you prefer to be contacted
- Keep a record of your relationship with us
We may contact you for marketing purposes by email if you have agreed to be contacted by email. By subscribing to Ellacotts emails or opting in to email communications from Ellacotts, you grant us the right to use your email address for email marketing purposes.
We may contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have agreed to be contacted by post. By subscribing to Ellacotts postal mailings or opting in to postal communications from Ellacotts, you grant us the right to use your postal address for marketing purposes.
It is your choice as to whether you want to receive information about our work and the ways you can get involved with Ellacotts. You may opt-out of our marketing emails at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the end of our marketing emails or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will use the information we get from your use of our website and services to:
- Administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- Improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified. Consent is required for Ellacotts to process personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent or change your contact preferences at any time by contacting our marketing team at email@example.com.
We will not use your information for marketing purposes if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes.
6. Information Sharing and Disclosure
If Ellacotts is taken-over or merges with another business, personal data held may be disclosed to the new business owners.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example, to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
We require third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and data protection laws and we will make sure that appropriate controls are in place where third parties have access to personal data. We enter into contracts with all of our data processors and regularly monitor their activities to ensure they are complying with Ellacotts policies and procedures.
7. Ellacotts Wealth Planning Limited
Enquiries through the Ellacotts website or at an Ellacotts event may relate to the services of Ellacotts Wealth Planning rather than Ellacotts and be passed on to them. Ellacotts Wealth Planning is a Limited company, registered in England and Wales with Company Registration Number 07801188. The Registered Office is Countrywide House, 23 West Bar, Banbury, OX16 9SA.
Ellacotts Wealth Planning operates the website www.ellacottswealth.co.uk
Ellacotts Wealth Planning is a data controller under the data protection rules and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office with Registration Number ZA029429. Their data protection contact is Chris Slatter who can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org.
When information is passed to Ellacotts Wealth Planning they hold it in a client management system called Intelligent Office. When you have subscribed to one of their newsletters they will load your data into MailChimp to send you email updates.
8. Keeping your records
We keep records only for as long as required to operate the service in accordance with legal requirements and tax and accounting rules, for example, we will periodically check if you wish to continue receiving marketing material. You may also unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time and this is clearly marked at the bottom of our marketing emails or by contacting email@example.com.
9. Where we may store your information
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to and stored at Ellacotts or a GDPR compliant third party supplier. These include:
To send our marketing email communications including newsletters and event invitations.
Our marketing database where we hold information about your newsletter subscriptions.
Our practice management system where we hold client data.
Ellacotts Wealth Planning and Intelligent Office
Enquiries made through the website which relate to the services of Ellacotts Wealth Planning will be given to them to respond to. They use a client management system called Intelligent Office which holds information such as newsletter subscriptions.
10. Social Media
We use social media to share and promote Ellacotts work, vacancies, involvement with charities, awards, other professional organisations and work in the local community. Your interaction with these platforms is subject to their own Privacy Statements and Terms and Conditions. We are not responsible for the privacy of any information shared on social media.
11. Your rights
You have the right to:
- Request information about how we process your personal data.
- Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification. Please address requests to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within 28 days, of receipt of your written request and confirmed ID. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records. This request is free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
- Have any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you, please contact email@example.com.
- Request that we delete your personal data so it is erased from our records.
- Restrict the processing of your data.
- Have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Object to automated processing, including profiling.
12. Changes to this notice and the way we treat personal information
We may update the terms of this privacy notice at any time, so please do check it from time to time. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address you have provided to us or by placing a prominent notice on our website. By continuing to use our website you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
13. Enquiries and complaints
The data protection contact is the first point of contact regarding any enquires arising from this privacy notice. Where possible, please raise all enquires in writing.
If you are unhappy with our work or something that we have done or failed to do, please inform us in writing. Ellacotts will acknowledge receipt of all complaints and will endeavour to investigate the complaint within 28 days.
All complaints should be sent to:
The Data Protection Officer
23 West Bar
You may also complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are concerned with how we are handling your personal information.
Sign up to our newsletter
Keep up to date with our latest news.
Get in touch
Contact us to find out how we can help you and your business.