Audit & assurance
Some businesses need a statutory audit because of their size or industry, whereas others want the peace of mind that comes from outside assurance. We offer a full range of audit and assurance services to give your company the right level of support.
This standard report gives the most basic level of assurance. It shows that the accounts are presented in accordance with relevant legislation and are prepared by an external firm. However, it gives no assurance over the figures in the financial statements.
An Assurance Review sits between a full audit and an Accountant’s Report. The scope of an Assurance Review does not include verification procedures as in a full audit, but does include:
- discussions with management about the accounting treatment of key items
- detailed analytical review of results and balance sheet
- consideration of the appropriateness of the accounting policies and their application
The scope doesn’t allow the reviewer to give an opinion on whether the accounts give a true and fair view. Instead, the report notes whether anything has come to the reviewer’s attention that suggests the accounts are not true and fair. This is known as “negative assurance”.
More details on limited assurance reviews can be found on the ICAEW’s website.
As an alternative, we can agree a specific set of procedures for us to perform.
- We pride ourselves on how we perform our audit work, and we will ensure that we are timely, efficient and provide you with excellent standards of client care.
- We use a paperless audit system which ensures maximum efficiency and keeps the price competitive.
- We use a risk-based and tailored audit approach, focusing on the key issues in your business. From this we can identify ways to improve your financial reporting systems.
- We will build strong relationships with your team so we have a thorough understanding of your business, which will allow us to provide you with proactive advice and assistance as your business develops.
We are registered to carry on audit work in the UK and Ireland by the Institute of Chartered Accountants for England and Wales. Details of our audit registration can be viewed at www.auditregister.org.uk for the United Kingdom and www.cro.ie/auditors for Ireland, under reference number C001386037.
Talk to us to discuss which audit service would suit your business
Speak to an expert
Specialist corporation tax services
Efficient tax planning can lead to significant improvements to your businesses bottom line. Our team can help you take advantage of tax opportunities and reliefs.
The audit service is excellent, and they give valuable assurance to our shareholders and directors.
Sandra Hall, Managing Director
Laser Lines Ltd
Finances can be complicated.
Let us connect the dots for you...
Sign up to our newsletter
Keep up to date with our latest news.
Get in touch
Contact us to find out how we can help you and your business.