Exit and succession planning is a vital part of running a business as decisions you make today, regarding structure and operations, can have a significant impact on the amount you may be able to sell your business for and how much tax you will pay.
Our team will work closely with you to understand your objectives and plans for retirement and create a strategic plan to ensure that the current business structure and operations help to facilitate your ultimate goals.
While retirement is a key consideration, succession may need to arise from illness or death and adequate planning should be in place to allow for any of these circumstances to ensure you have maximised your wealth and know the business will be in safe hands. We can advise on Business Protection options to ensure the business can survive and continue trading under seriously challenging circumstances.
If disposal is your ultimate plan then we can help by:
- Grooming the business for sale or flotation
- Searching for and assessing potential buyers
- Maximising the sale price and negotiating the terms of exit/handover
- Minimising any tax arising on the sale
- Advising you on how to invest the funds you receive on disposal
Contact our team today to discuss how we can help your business prepare for the future.
Speak to an expert