Accounting and tax webinars
We run a series of webinars on topical subjects and the latest accounting and tax legislation to help you and your business.
Register for the upcoming webinars or view a recording of a previous webinar in our library below.
Click on the links below to view one of our previous webinars.
Wednesday 31 March
In this webinar, Ann Bibby and Chris Slatter explain everything you need to be aware of to minimise your Inheritance Tax liability, including:
– How to structure your affairs tax efficiently
– Reliefs that can be used
– School fees planning
– Pre-owned assets
– Planning and accounting for trusts
– Lifetime gifts from income or capital
Wednesday 24 March
- Is a company the right vehicle for me?
- With the rising rate of Corporation Tax should I incorporate?
- Are there still advantages to incorporating?
- If I incorporate, what do close investment holding company rules mean for me?
- 30 day Capital Gains Tax reporting
Ann and Chris also answer a number of questions asked in the webinar.
Thursday 18 March
- What is ReceiptBank?
- What are the benefits of using ReceiptBank for your business?
- How does it integrate with your cloud accounting software?
They will also show you how to use ReceiptBank with a live demonstration.
Tuesday 9 March
In April 2021, new off-payroll working (IR35) rules for the private sector come into effect. This means that private sector organisations employing contractor services through an intermediary will become responsible for determining their employment status and paying tax and NI.
- What the new rules mean
- The pitfalls and how to stay compliant into the future
Tuesday 23 February
They will also cover how making pension contributions can help your tax planning, specifically if:
– You are self-employed and paying too much tax
– You own a company and are looking for ways of reducing your Corporation Tax bills
– You have a pension you have not contributed to for a while or you have unused pension contribution allowances
Wednesday 10 February 2021
– Utilising your spouse’s personal allowance
– Using your Individual Savings Account (ISA) allowance
– Using your tax-free pension allowance
– Tax-efficient investments
– Saving into a pension for your children or grandchildren
Wednesday 9 December 2020
– How does a discretionary trust work?
– Why would you want to hold assets in a trust?
– Pros and cons
– Top tips
Wednesday 2 December 2020
- Relevant rules and reliefs
- The matrimonial home
- Remittance issues
- Financial planning considerations
Wednesday 4 November 2020
Wednesday 28 October 2020
- Entrepreneurs’ Relief where available
- Rollover Relief
- Double tax charge
- Land pooling
- VAT option or promotion
Wednesday 7 October 2020
- New 30 day reporting rules for Capital Gains Tax
- Furnished holiday lets – sale of a residential property or a business
- Principle Private Residence Relief – what does it cover?
- What happens if you own more than one property?
- Stamp Duty Land Tax:
• Multiple dwellings relief
• Mixed use
• Stamp duty holiday
Tuesday 6 October 2020
Harry Hale and Alan Blincowe are Xero Certified Advisors in our Business and Tax Services team and will show you how to use Xero and the benefits to your business including:
- What is Xero and why should you have it?
- How Xero integrates with your bank account
- Invoicing – Sales awaiting payment, raising and emailing invoices and payment services
- Everything you need to know about bills
- Contact information
- Reporting functions
Wednesday 3 June 2020
In this 30 minute webinar, Ann Bibby and Chanelle Webb explain the latest updates to the government’s Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) and Self-employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS), including part time furloughing, employer contributions from August and the second SEISS grant.
Information is correct at the date of the webinar recording.