Annual returns for share schemes for the tax year ending 5 April 2020 need to be filed with HMRC by 6 July 2020.
The following schemes require an annual return:
- Enterprise Management Incentive (“EMI”) scheme (even if the scheme has been inactive during the year) and in respect of any taxable share awards to directors or employees
- Company Share Ownership Plan (“CSOP”)
- Save As You Earn (“SAYE”)
- Share Incentive Plan (“SIP”)
- Any other arrangement under which a director or employee has received shares or share options
HMRC do not issue any reminders but will impose penalties if returns are not submitted by 6 July. If returns remain outstanding after this date, further penalties will also apply.
If you would like Ellacotts to prepare and file your return on your behalf, please contact us. Please allow plenty of time for the return to be prepared and submitted by the deadline.
Read more information about share schemes and employee benefits.