A day in the life of a Corporate Services Manager
I am a Manager in the Corporate Services department and I have been with Ellacotts since September 2011. My typical day can vary significantly depending on current projects, audits schedules and the time of year.
I am rarely based in the office all week, which is one of the great things about working in the Corporate Services department as you are constantly being challenged with a variety of work in and out of the office and interacting with professional contacts and clients on a day-to-day basis.
To give you an idea, some of my variety of tasks include:
- One of the main elements of my role is working with our wide range of clients in a number of ways. I often visit clients to offer assistance with the preparation of management accounts, budget forecasts or an assurance engagement.
- I also visit clients’ onsite alongside other members of the audit team to carry out audits and deal with daily technical queries from clients. It is important to me that I build strong relationships with our clients, whilst also understanding their business so I can offer them an excellent client care experience and relevant advice and solutions that will add value and enable their business to develop
- I also work on specific projects such as a Research and Development (R&D) tax claim or a share valuation.
- Carrying out outsourcing activities by running a finance department for a small business.
- Supervising colleagues within the team with any technical queries they may have.
- Assisting other departments with specific technical queries on accounting disclosure or accounting treatment.
Towards the end of the day after working hours, I am a keen fitness enthusiast, which I find is a great way of unwinding after a challenging day. I am also hoping to volunteer some of my spare time and expertise as a school governor in the near future.
If you would like to be apart of the Corporate Services team take a look at our current vacancies and join us!