Agriculture and Property Accounts Manager – Kettering
Hours: Full time – 37.5 hours a week
Locations: Position available in Kettering, Northamptonshire
Direct reports: Up to 10 people
Purpose of the Role:
As our Agricultural and Property Manager you will manage a portfolio of key rural business clients and drive the delivery of tailored accounting and tax planning solutions to these clients. Building relationships will allow you to effectively deliver projects and grow members of the Agricultural and Property team.
Providing unique, tailored solutions to key rural clients.
- Provide exceptional levels of service to rural business clients on a wide variety of areas, on a cost effective & timely basis.
- Responding to client queries, and those from third parties (e.g. HMRC) in a timely manner.
- Seeking to gain experience/ progress role and those of other staff by seeking to take more advanced work from partners and delegating more routine work to others, thereby aiding cost-effectiveness and adding to interest/ training of all within the team.
- Developing knowledge of clients and their businesses as to become their point of contact on day-to-day matters.
- Reviewing accounts and tax returns prepared by more junior staff. Includes corporate and unincorporated clients.
- Assisting with the management of the Agriculture and Property Department to meet departmental objectives through planning. This includes completing staff appraisals, monitoring and effective delegation, utilising the skills and knowledge within the existing team and sourcing additional knowledge.
- Completing staff appraisal forms providing feedback (good and bad) and training as required.
- Seeking to identify business and tax planning opportunities, VAT issues, NIC issues, business planning points, etc as part of the review process. Drawing to attention of partners/ client as appropriate. Preparation of necessary reports/ computations etc, liaising with other professional advisers as required.
- Assisting partners with specific assignments e.g. business planning, advisory and tax matters.
- Assisting partners in controlling WIP within the section by progressing work to completion/ billing point swiftly. Liaising with partners re WIP and raising bills/ assisting as required.
- Monitoring progress against deadlines and ensuring these are met- e.g. company reporting, P11ds, tax returns, etc
- Ensuring work is planned and progressed in an efficient, timely and cost effective manner by liaising with Partners and supervising staff.
Critical Skills Required
- Ability to review and complete accounts files quickly and efficiently
- Ability to review and complete personal tax returns quickly and efficiently
- Strong computer literacy
- Strong active listening skills
- Excellent problem resolution skills and ideas generation ability
- Strong marketing, networking and business development skills
- Pro-active management skills, resulting in high performance teams
Critical Knowledge Required:
- In-depth accounts preparation knowledge
- Knowledge of accounting systems and their uses and benefits
- Solid MS Office products knowledge
Essential: ACA or ACCA or CTA Qualification or equivalent experience
Required: Minimum of 3 years Accounts and Tax experience within a Practice environment
Desirable: Experience at manager level within a Practice environment
Experience with rural business or related services
- Strong presence
- Excellent communication skills
- Quickly builds rapport and trust
- Highly confidential
- Good networker
- Resilient and energetic
- Achiever and self-motivated
- Analytical – quick thinker
- Live within commuting distance of Kettering
- Work outside normal hours as required
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Generous benefits package including 28 days’ holiday
- Medical cash plan
- Vitality healthcare insurance
- Real opportunity for progression
- Fantastic culture including regular staff socials and a friendly environment
- Join the market-leading Agricultural team in the area
- Chance to network at a range of events including country shows and dinners
- Full support and ongoing training for your personal development and to keep up to date with tax changes and the latest agricultural news
How to apply?
Email your CV to email@example.com
Can’t find the role you’re looking for?
If you’re interested in working at Ellacotts but can’t see the role for you, then get in touch!